Arthritis Supplements: Glucosamine Chondroitin
Glucosamine Chondroitin, the structural component of cartilage, is produced naturally in the body. Glucosamine and Chondroitin are also available as the dietary supplements, both individually and in combination, as they help in joint pain relief.
The effects of Glucosamine Chondroitin have been studied by various researchers, on osteoarthritis, in order to get an idea about Glucosamine and Chondroitin as a drug for joint pain relief. In several studies, participants reported that taking Glucosamine for joints helped them in joint pain relief.
What Science Says About Glucosamine Chondroitin?
Several studies have shown Glucosamine Chondroitin as one of the world’s most popular and the most controversial supplements. Controversial in a way that – many studies conclude that Glucosamine for joints has no benefits for osteoarthritis, while the others indicate that it may relieve joint pain and other symptoms over time. It can have beneficial effects on joint structure, but the improvements may be too small to make a difference to patients in joint pain relief.
- Glucosamine for joints and Chondroitin have no serious side effects on the body.
- Long-term use of moderately large doses of Glucosamine Chondroitin might damage the kidneys, as shown in a study in rats.
- It is important to find out what’s causing joint pain and accordingly the supplements for joint pain relief should be taken.
- If you have blood sugar problems, talk to your doctor about potential side effects if you are taking Glucosamine Chondroitin supplements.
- For pregnant ladies, it is especially important to see their health care provider before taking any medication or supplement, including Glucosamine for joints.
Some people have also used Glucosamine for joints to treat rheumatoid arthritis and other conditions. Before considering any supplement, it is important to know the cause of joint pain because some joint pains are caused due to diseases which need an immediate treatment. It is better to ask your doctor what he recommends for you because a supplement for one body might not work for the other.